At NESTAC we understand that protecting the privacy of visitors to our website is very important.
NESTAC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you would like further details about how we protect your personal information at NESTAC, please email our Compliance Officer at ku.oc.catsen@tcatnoc and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
We are NESTAC, an initiative located at Freeman Hospital, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7DN, UK.
NESTAC is the controller and responsible for your personal information. Our Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Compliance Officer at ku.oc.catsen@tcatnoc
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
What information we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer personal information about you when you access our website, as follows:
- Identity Data– includes your name, title and company name (if applicable). You have a choice whether or not to disclose this information to us.
- Contact Data – includes your e-mail address and telephone number.
- Technical Data – includes the domain name of the website providing you with Internet access and the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. We may also collect your browser type and version, the operating system your computer is running, and other site visit data such as the pages you view, and/or the information you search for.
- Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Dataincludes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information, which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you through our website (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||To measure user interactions on our website and to collect, configure and analyse the performance of our website.||policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en|
How is your information collected?
We may collect personal information from you using the following methods:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms (such as our ‘contact us’ form) or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- use our ‘contact us’ form;
- comment on our blog;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies (as described above) and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal information about you from various third parties and public sources including analytics providers and search information providers.
How is your information used?
We only ever use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have received your express opt-in consent.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of information||Lawful basis for processing|
|Send you news and updates about NESTAC. We use Mailchimp to deliver and administer our newsletters.
|Consent and necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products /services and grow our business)|
|Tailor our communications according to your preferences
(d) Marketing and Communications
|Consent and necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products /services and grow our business)|
|Provide and develop our products and services
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business)
|To monitor and analyse trends
(d) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To help improve our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
We will only use your information for the purpose it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside NESTAC for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time. You can also click on the relevant link in any of our emails sent to you via Mailchimp. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Sharing your information with third parties
We will never sell your personal information or share it with third parties who might use it for their own purposes without your express opt-in consent or as set out below.
Any third parties handling personally identifiable information, such as Mailchimp, will act as data processor, on behalf of NESTAC. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We mayhave to share your personal information with the parties set out below:
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happensto our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- Service providers who provide services such as IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
To provide membership services we transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will ensure at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US.
We employ reasonable technical and organisational measures to keep personal information safe and to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access. These measures include encryption, firewalls and password protection. It is, however, your responsibility to ensure that your device is adequately secured and protected.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will retain your data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Our retention period will usually be 7 years from when we have fulfilled the purposes we collected it for. However, this may be adjusted when we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal information.
At any time you can contact us via ku.oc.catsen@tcatnoc to:
- Find out what personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to rectify or erase any personal information we hold about you
- Ask us not to use any personal information we collect
- Ask not to be subjected to automated decision making (profiling)
- Object to processing of your personal information
- Ask us to restrict the processing your personal information
- Request a transfer of your personal information
- Withdraw your consent to processing
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
If you want to request any further details about this privacy notice or exercise your data subject rights, please contact us at: ku.oc.catsen@tcatnoc
Changes to this statement
Our privacy notice may be updated from time to time and the latest version will always appear on the NESTAC website.
This privacy notice was last updated on 18 February 2019.